POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sunrise : Re: Sunrise Take 2 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:10:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunrise Take 2
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 26 Jun 2003 11:00:08
Message: <3efb0a78@news.povray.org>
The sun isn't shaded. Its white in the center, gets a
red teint near the edge, and the dissolves into a soft
glow, but perhaps its too much. How about this?

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde

> I'm sorry, but I find this version is much worse than the previous, for
> two reasons:
>
> 1. The lights on the dark side of the earth are too bright, it makes the
> image less credible.
> 2. The sun does not look like a sun. Your sun looks cold, like it was
> made of wax, or plastic, while it should look really hot and be made of
> star plasma (or whatever). And suns never, ever have a shaded surface,
> they appear flat because of self-illumination.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sunrise3.jpg' (106 KB)

Preview of image 'sunrise3.jpg'